Get the latest technology news from The Daily Grind. Learn all about what’s happening in the tech world, from Silicon Valley to Los Angeles to New York and Boston, and around the globe.
Latest Stories in Technology
- Nintendo Switch Craze is Real, Amazon Comes Through at a Premium TMZNintendo Files Patent For The Switch Lite Nintendo LifeNintendo Direct Mini: The Full Update TheGamerCan you stream on Twitch or Mixer with a Nintendo Switch Lite? iMoreNintendo Switch – Trials of Mana – Demo Trailer NintendoView Full Coverage on Google News
- Google rolls out Drive shortcuts ahead of folder structure changes Engadget
- Capcom removes Resident Evil Resistance beta from PC and PlayStation 4 GamesRadar+Nemesis in beach trunks is the true Resident Evil 3 remake horror Eurogamer.netThe Full Story of Brad Vickers – Before You Play Resident Evil 3 Remake | Resident Evil Lore GamingBoltResident Evil Resistance open beta delayed on PC and PS4 TheSixthAxisRay Tracing Mod For Resident Evil 2 Makes […]
- Borderlands 3 DLC Final Boss Fight – Eleanor and the Heart IGNStrangely, Borderlands 3's DLCs Are Better Than The Base Game ForbesBorderlands 3: Where to Get the Hydrafrost Pistol | Game Rant GameRantView Full Coverage on Google News
- Call of Duty Datamine Reveals Possible Modern Warfare 2 Remaster Release Plans – IGN IGNCoD Patch Notes For Warzone, Modern Warfare Reveal All The Big Changes GameSpotCoD leaker claims Modern Warfare 3 Remastered is “getting worked on” DexertoCall of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered to Release Next Week – Rumor WccftechCall of Duty: Modern Warfare's New Map Is […]
- In the show’s first season, the aging explorer, played by Patrick Stewart, returns to the final frontier on a journey of remembrance.
- The Trump administration is adding environmental protection regulations to the list of temporary cancelations due to the pandemic.
- Instead of likes, these snapshots provide teams with vital information about how spacecraft are faring on interplanetary surfaces.
- For “wedditors,” a usually sunny subreddit has become a hotbed of anxiety as the pandemic derails dream days.
- Plus: A Windows zero day, an iOS watering hole, and more of the week's top security news.
- OneWeb's dreams of satellite internet access have hit a major setback. The startup has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after attempts to get crucial financing fell through. The company said it was "close" to getting support, but the COVID-19 pandem…
- The use of phone location tracking to keep tabs on COVID-19 is becoming increasingly common, and the US appears to be no exception. Wall Street Journal sources say federal (via the CDC), state and local governments have been receiving location data…
- Google has started giving everyone access to Drive shortcuts, a few months after it first revealed its beta version. The feature was designed to make it easier to organize files and to point people to specific ones across various folders. You can, fo…
- Fox Sports' NASCAR esports race was a success, and it's betting that it can repeat that achievement with football. FS1 is planning to air its first ever Fox Esports Madden NFL Invitational on March 29th at 7PM Eastern. The two-hour event will pit p…
- Amazon's focus on essentials during the COVID-19 pandemic has led it to offer special incentives to workers. Reuters has learned that Amazon is offering warehouse workers a $2 raise to $19 per hour if they're willing to pick and pack Whole Foods gro…
- If you’re looking to save some money or don’t enjoy the shows and movies offered by Netflix like you once did, canceling your subscription isn’t a bad idea. Canceling is easy enough, but it may be a bit tricky to get to the end result, so here’s how to do it.Read This Article on How-To […]
- You will likely spend days earning Bells (in-game currency) in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and you’ve probably wondered what the easiest and quickest method is to make money. Whether this is your first time playing or you’re looking for new methods, here’s a quick list to help you along.Read This Article on How-To Geek ›
- You can create a Discord server for a business, a community, or a small group of friends. Send out invites to get friends and fans into your Discord server, or create a custom invite link that will last indefinitely.Read This Article on How-To Geek ›
- If you’re trying to fix loading or formatting issues to improve your browsing experience on Google Chrome, clearing your cache and cookies is an excellent place to start. Here’s how and what happens when you delete them.Read This Article on How-To Geek ›
- Every writer has horror stories about losing a document because of internet connectivity issues. But by choosing a writing app with offline support and automatic syncing (when online), you’ll no longer have to write in fear.Read This Article on Review Geek ›
- We’re all spending a lot more time at home right now. If you’ve started to run out of things to watch, Roku is offering 30-day free trials of a number of different channels including Showtime, Epix, and Smithsonian.Read more…
- If you’re using your time physical distancing to learn guitar, Fender is offering free guitar, bass, and ukulele lessons to the first 500,000 people to sign up for Fender Play. It’s a free trial, but you don’t have to handle over any payment details to get access, so you won’t run the risk of getting […]
- A portable car jump starter, $20 wireless headphones, free blue light lenses, a cheap gaming headset, and more are at the top of list of Saturday’s deals.Read more…
- Sir Elton John may have paused his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour due to COVID-19, but you can still catch him perform this weekend from your living room.Read more…
- Jalopnik Here's Why Cruise Ship Companies Aren't Included In The $2 Trillion Stimulus Package |Jezebel Coronavirus Is Pushing Reddit's Relationship_Advice to a Breaking Point |The Root The Trump Administration Just Canceled an Order for 80,000 Ventilators to Haggle Over the Price |The A.V. Club The best alien invasion movie of 1996 isn’t the one with Will Smith |Read more…
- The secret to getting cheap razors? Buy them online and have them delivered on a schedule.
- National landmarks light up. Citizens applaud and serenade medical workers from balconies and rooftops. See how people around the globe are showing gratitude and friendship in these difficult times.
- Watch Beyonce, Jack Johnson, Dead & Company, Diplo, Melissa Etheridge, Miley Cyrus, Questlove and more live music while social distancing. #couchtour
- The P40 Pro Plus camera system sounds awesome.
- Detroit's TCF Center, home of the North American International Auto Show, has apparently been named as a field hospital to fight coronavirus.
- Our advice on how to deal with transferring children between […]
- We're trying our best to answer your ethical and social […]
- "Hopefully something works out, but if not I'm just glad […]
- “If someone’s seen a meme telling them not to pay […]
- New data reveals how a major company's COVID-19 ad keyword […]
- Long-time technology pundit Robert Cringely writes: IT — Information Technology — grew out of something we called MIS — Management Information Systems — but both meant a kid in a white shirt who brought you a new keyboard when yours broke. Well, the kid is now gone, sent home with everyone else, and that kid […]
- sixoh1 shared this story from the Wall Street Journal: Home internet and wireless connectivity in the U.S. have largely withstood unprecedented demands as more Americans work and learn remotely. Broadband and wireless service providers say traffic has jumped in residential areas at times of the day when families would typically head to offices and schools. […]
- It's the largest free web hosting provider for dark web services. But remember back in 2018 when its 6,500 sites all went down after attackers accessed its database and deleted all its accounts? It happened again — for the second time in 16 months. And this time, ZDNet reports, Daniel's Host won't be coming back […]
- An anonymous reader writes: We keep seeing stories about how providers are slowing down their streaming speed to reduce bandwidth usage during this period when many are being asked to stay at home… But it seems that many are totally ignoring a very obvious way to reduce usage significantly, and that is by disabling autoplay […]
- The state of New York hopes to "amplify" its response to COVID-19 by launching tech-driven products with top companies, and it's looking for professional volunteers with experience in software development, hardware deployment/end-user support, and data science (as well as areas like product management, design, operations management). Meanwhile, IBM's 2020 "Call for Code Global Challenge" is […]
New York Times Tech
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration’s most outspoken advocate of emergency virus measures, faces a torrent of false claims that he is mobilizing to undermine the president.
- As New Jersey orders nonessential workers to stay home to fight the spread of the new coronavirus, employees of the RealReal, a luxury resale company, wonder just what is “essential.”
- We are more dependent on technology than ever. Can it handle the strain?
- Americans are turning to crowdfunding to cover coronavirus-related costs while the government prepares to deliver on its stimulus plan. But most campaigns aren’t meeting their goals.
- A new consortium of top scientists will be able to use some of the world’s most advanced supercomputers to look for solutions.
- Facing a sudden drop in demand for rides due to the covid-19 pandemic, Lyft is encouraging its drivers to work for Amazon “to earn additional income right now.” The company is partnering with Amazon on a new recruitment program that aims to help its drivers offset some of the financial difficulties associated with the…Read more…
- Marine biologists have found evidence of a previously unobserved deep-sea migration route more than 4,500 feet beneath the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, according to a new paper.Read more…
- G.I Joe is both one of the cheesiest and one of the most fondly remembered of the ‘80s wave of toyetic action cartoons. Does it hold up to your nostalgia? Well, now, during this period of widespread social distancing amidst the novel coronavirus pandemic, is certainly the time to find out. Read more…
- A network of 3D printer-users has stepped in to help hospitals grappling with critical shortages of protective gear and other vital medical supplies during the covid-19 pandemic, NPR reports. It’s the latest unorthodox emergency measure U.S. health workers, who are pleading for equipment, have been increasingly forced…Read more…
- As Charles Montgomery Burns once explained it, the sun is the greatest enemy of the modern man. Giver of heat, but tyrant of time and, frankly, a real pain to people wanting to run power companies. All that free light! Please. But, finally, the sun is going to have its vengeance for mankind’s impetuous ire. […]