Get the latest Sports news from The Daily Grind. We cover the all major sports from across the globe. Professional and amateur. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MMA, and more!
New York Times – Sports
- Christian Pulisic, who scored the game’s only goal, left with an injury. England won the group, coasting past Wales.
- The Iranians played well under immense pressure while protests rock their country, and the Americans awaited news of Christian Pulisic, the star player who was injured scoring the game’s only goal.
- Tagovailoa, the Dolphins quarterback, is putting up numbers that have him being mentioned alongside Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino. That wasn’t the expectation entering this season.
- The U.S. victory over Iran sent it to the round of 16, with a match against the Netherlands on Saturday. The team already has much to be proud of.
- Ghana beat South Korea, and Cameroon and Serbia tied to keep their World Cup hopes alive.
From the Sports News Archive
- Brett Favre named in $24M Mississippi welfare funds lawsuitThe Mississippi Department of Human Services has named Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre in a lawsuit seeking to recoup roughly $24 million in misspent welfare funds intended to combat poverty in one of the nation's poorest states. The lawsuit filed on Monday seeks $3.2 million combined from Favre and Favre Enterprises, Inc. Favre is […]
- Mike Tyson will not face criminal charges for apparently hitting a plane passenger | CNN TravelMike Tyson will not face criminal charges over an incident caught on video last month that appeared to show the former heavyweight boxer hitting another plane passenger multiple times. Mike Tyson appears to hit fellow airplane passenger San Mateo County, California, District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe told CNN he decided not to file misdemeanor battery charges […]
- Marcelo dropped from Lyon first team for “farting and laughing” in dressing room – sourcesBrazilian defender Marcelo was dropped from the Lyon first team due to continuous farting and laughing in the dressing room, sources have told ESPN.As ESPN reported in August, the 34-year-old was expelled from the senior squad following Lyon's 3-0 defeat at the hands of Angers.- What was Madrid target Mbappe doing near the Bernabeu?- Stream […]
- Agreement reached to nullify $518K sale for Tom Brady's ‘final' touchdown ballThe $518,000 sale of the game ball used in the now-unretired Tom Brady's “final” touchdown pass has been voided by mutual agreement between buyer, consigner and auction house, according to Lelands Auctions on Thursday. Due to the unique nature of Brady's decision to return 40 days after he first announced his retirement in late January […]
- Dwayne Haskins dies at 24 – The Washington PostDwayne Haskins, an NFL quarterback drafted by Washington and on the roster of the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Saturday morning after being struck by a truck in South Florida. He was 24. According to a Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman, Haskins was attempting to cross on foot the westbound lanes of I-595 in Broward County against oncoming […]
Featured Sports Stories…
- The Washington Capitals star is projected to reach the 800-goal mark this season. Follow along as he chases down this accomplishment.
- What can you expect from your favorite team the rest of the season? Plus, there's a change in our top five.
- Fresh off their win over Notre Dame, USC joined Georgia, Michigan and TCU in the top four of the latest College Football Playoff rankings Tuesday, and with wins in their conference title games, all four would remain in the top four of the final release.
- The Rose Bowl faces possible exclusion from the expanded College Football Playoff if the bowl can't agree to terms before a Wednesday deadline, sources told ESPN's Heather Dinich.
- Bills pass rusher Von Miller, speaking on his podcast Tuesday night, provided an update on his knee injury and said he hopes to be back before the Jets game.
- The final score wasn't what the Warriors wanted, but these two teams gave fans a show in Dallas.
- Doncic finished the game with a 41-point triple-double.
- What if Louisville and Cal just played each other for the rest of the season?
- It was the Bears' worst lost since 2007.
- Luke Fickell & Hugh Freeze find new jobs, reacting to the latest College Football Playoff rankings & where does Coach Prime end up?Dan Wetzel, SI’s Pat Forde & SI’s Ross Dellenger break down all of the biggest college football hires along with the latest College Football Playoff rankings on today’s pod.
- Despite their long-term commitment to Fernando Tatis Jr., the San Diego Padres reportedly could be looking to add a star shortstop this offseason. The…
- The Houston Astros will be looking to defend their World Series crown during the 2023 campaign, and they may have one of the best catchers in the league as…
- The Golden State Warriors were known to have issues with their depth this season, but in Tuesday's game against the Dallas Mavericks, it was the starters who…
- Final bragging rights are at stake in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The ACC
- The New York Mets are reportedly exploring their options in the pitching market in case Jacob deGrom signs elsewhere in free agency. According to
Five Thirty Eight Sports
- Back in August, the 2022 college football season was expected to be the most top-heavy in recent memory. Instead, six of the top seven teams in the AP preseason poll will likely miss out on the College Football Playoff — including betting favorite Alabama, which dropped two regular season games for just the second time […]
- The Jets Have The MVP, The Browns Shouldn’t Switch QBs, And We Want An Entire Division In The Playoffsmaya (Maya Sweedler, editor): Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Before everyone clambers up to their roofs to start stringing up Christmas lights, let’s put Turkey Day to rest and briefly run through all the NFL action of the past two weeks. Week 11 had some fun outcomes (well, fun for everyone except perhaps the New York Jets’ […]
- When the 2022 World Cup made its debut on Sunday, it kicked off one of the most significant in-game uses of technology in sports history. All tournament long, match balls will contain a sensor that collects spatial positioning data in real time — the first World Cup to employ such a ball-tracking mechanism. This, combined […]
- PUBLISHED NOV. 21, AT 6:00 A.M. Which World Cup Player Should You Root For?Take our quiz to find the best player for you in 2022.Start 1. Fame I want a player who … Is a hidden gemIs kind of well-knownIs famous! 2. World Cup odds How important is contending for the title? I prefer underdogs.A […]
- As the wise philosopher David Puddy once said: “Don’t mess with the Devils, buddy. We’re number one, we beat anybody!” And that was more or less true throughout the 1990s and the 2000s. Across those two decades, only the dynastic Detroit Red Wings racked up more points in the NHL standings or won more Stanley […]