Get the latest Sports news from The Daily Grind. We cover the all major sports from across the globe. Professional and amateur. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MMA, and more!
New York Times – Sports
- Will Benson’s big-league ambition can be traced back to an afternoon 28 months before he was born.
- Florida State is back to being one of the best teams in the country.
- Bryan Harman said he used to be “embarrassed” about his golf career. The 36-year-old is living a new reality representing the United States.
- Miami’s 70-20 rout of Denver wasn’t just convincing, it was downright ludicrous.
- Suggestions the Buffaloes could stun the sport now feel like a fairytale. How will they respond to adversity?
From the Sports News Archive
- Brett Favre named in $24M Mississippi welfare funds lawsuitThe Mississippi Department of Human Services has named Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre in a lawsuit seeking to recoup roughly $24 million in misspent welfare funds intended to combat poverty in one of the nation's poorest states. The lawsuit filed on Monday seeks $3.2 million combined from Favre and Favre Enterprises, Inc. Favre is … Read more
- Mike Tyson will not face criminal charges for apparently hitting a plane passenger | CNN TravelMike Tyson will not face criminal charges over an incident caught on video last month that appeared to show the former heavyweight boxer hitting another plane passenger multiple times. Mike Tyson appears to hit fellow airplane passenger San Mateo County, California, District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe told CNN he decided not to file misdemeanor battery charges … Read more
- Marcelo dropped from Lyon first team for “farting and laughing” in dressing room – sourcesBrazilian defender Marcelo was dropped from the Lyon first team due to continuous farting and laughing in the dressing room, sources have told ESPN.As ESPN reported in August, the 34-year-old was expelled from the senior squad following Lyon's 3-0 defeat at the hands of Angers.- What was Madrid target Mbappe doing near the Bernabeu?- Stream … Read more
- Agreement reached to nullify $518K sale for Tom Brady's ‘final' touchdown ballThe $518,000 sale of the game ball used in the now-unretired Tom Brady's “final” touchdown pass has been voided by mutual agreement between buyer, consigner and auction house, according to Lelands Auctions on Thursday. Due to the unique nature of Brady's decision to return 40 days after he first announced his retirement in late January … Read more
- Dwayne Haskins dies at 24 – The Washington PostDwayne Haskins, an NFL quarterback drafted by Washington and on the roster of the Pittsburgh Steelers, died Saturday morning after being struck by a truck in South Florida. He was 24. According to a Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman, Haskins was attempting to cross on foot the westbound lanes of I-595 in Broward County against oncoming … Read more
Featured Sports Stories…
- Milwaukee got a helping hand from the Chicago Cubs, who blew a 6-0 lead to lose to the Braves on Tuesday night to clinch the NL Central for the Brewers.
- Brooklyn High School coach Tim McFarland resigned Monday after his players repeatedly used the word "Nazi" as a playcall in a game against Beachwood High School.
- Lou Holtz said he apologized to Notre Dame coach Marcus Freeman for the remarks he made about Ohio State, but added, "I don't feel bad about saying it because I believed it."
- Police are investigating the death of former NFL player Mike Williams after getting information that he might have received unprescribed drugs from someone while hospitalized.
- The Warriors are close to bringing a WNBA expansion franchise to the Bay Area, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.
- The Mariners snapped a four-game losing streak and moved to a half-game back of the Astros for the third AL wild-card spot.
- Wilson broke the 30-point barrier for a third straight game, securing the highest-scoring three-game playoff stretch in WNBA history.
- On this week's 'Ekeler's Edge' the L.A. Chargers RB provides an update on his injury and does a deep film study with Matt Harmon on the Miami Dolphins historic 70-point performance.
- The Chase Center might be getting a second basketball team.
- Ohio high school football coach resigns after team used 'Nazi' as play call against team from Jewish communityThe team used the world "Nazi" as a defensive play call against a team from a Jewish community.
- Tennessee Titans running back Hassan Haskins had an aggravated assault by strangulation charge against him dropped last Wednesday, according to Craig Shoup of…
- On the same day that Breanna Stewart was named the WNBA's MVP for the second time, it was Sabrina Ionescu and a balanced effort from the New York Liberty's…
- This is not how the 2023 campaign was supposed to go for the New York Jets. They were likely a quarterback away from competing last season with a dominant…
- Adrian Peterson's resume includes the 2012 NFL MVP, the 2007 Offensive Rookie of the Year, Four First Team All-Pro selections, seven Pro Bowl nods and, now, a…
- The Miami Heat aren't "believed to be offering even close" to their full array of tradable assets in talks with the Portland Trail Blazers for star point…
Five Thirty Eight Sports
- How Consistent Was Every Premier League Lineup This Season?What our newest metric STABLE can tell us about Arsenal’s surprising title challenge — and Chelsea’s face-plant. By Ryan Best Before the 2022-23 Premier League campaign kicked off, there was a buzz around St. James’ Park that hadn’t been felt in quite some time: optimism. After years […]
- A year after Albert Pujols found the fountain of youth and spent his final season setting major league pitching on fire, the old-guy star of the 2023 season hasn’t been a positional contemporary like Joey Votto or Miguel Cabrera. Instead, April’s ultimate veteran revival has belonged to Andrew McCutchen of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Much like […]
- Bob Melvin played 10 years in the big leagues, and has managed for another 20. Yet the San Diego Padres’ skipper freely admitted that he has no idea exactly what to expect from Fernando Tatis Jr., now that the 24-year-old superstar has returned to the field after missing the entire 2022 season. “Based on what […]
- Each spring, NFL prospects rocket up mock draft boards for both obvious and inscrutable reasons. Sometimes it’s due to a player’s performance at the NFL combine or pro day where they flash unexpected athleticism (think receiver Denzel Mims’s 4.38 second 40-yard dash at the combine in 2020 or linebacker Jamin Davis and his 4.37 pro-day […]
- When two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo tumbled to the court in the first quarter of the Milwaukee Bucks’ series-opening loss against the Miami Heat, the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference knew it would need to rally around the rest of its core. “Everyone’s ready,” said center Brook Lopez of the challenge. And as it […]