- BREAKING: Austin Mass Shooting Leaves 13 Wounded, Shooter EscapesSomeone opened fire in a busy entertainment district in downtown Austin early Saturday, wounding 13 people, including two critically, before getting away, authorities said. Investigators were looking into what sparked the shooting and weren’t able to get a detailed description of the shooter, but they believe it was a man, Police Chief Joseph Chacon said […]
- BREAKING: Chicago Shooting Ten Shot, 1 DeadTen people were shot early Saturday morning in an attack in Chatham on the South Side, Chicago police said.The shooting happened just after 2 a.m. in the 7500-block of South Prairie Avenue, according to CPD. Source: Chicago shooting leaves 10 shot, 1 fatally, on Prairie Avenue in Chatham, CPD says – ABC7 Chicago
- BREAKING: Jeff McConney, Trump’s Loyal, ‘Low Profile’ Money Man Who Could Bring Him DownWhen leaders of The Trump Organization would prepare important documents like asset evaluations or taxes, there were usually only two people in the room: Donald Trump and chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg. To this point, prosecutors are still searching for ways to flip Weisselberg against his boss. And Trump is Trump. But according to a […]
- Biden Brings Back US in Global Approval
The end of Trump's presidency brought the US one of its biggest spikes in global approval ratings on record
The global image of the United States has vastly improved under President Joe Biden from all-time low ratings under President Donald Trump, data released by Pew Research Center on Thursday indicates.
Pew polled 16,254 people in 16 countries from March 12 to May 26 and found a major shift in their attitudes since Trump left the White House.
The US's median favorability rating increased by 28 percentage points, one of the biggest spikes since Pew started polling more than two decades ago: It jumped to 62% this year from 34% in 2020.
In six countries — France, Germany, Japan, Italy, the Netherlands, and Canada — the share of favorable opinions of the US grew by at least 25 percentage points, returning to the high ratings seen during the Obama era.Business Insider
Wow, what a difference a POTUS makes!
Who knew the office of the United States President had so much promise? LOL
The Geophysicist Who Stormed the Capitol
Sabol, 51, is a geophysicist from Kittredge, Colorado, a small town in the mountains outside Denver. In the weeks after the insurrection, he became one of the approximately 465 people charged so far for their participation in the January 6 insurrection.Sabol faces eight counts, several of them felonies, including the assault of police officers. He and four other defendants named in the same indictment are accused of participating in some of the day’s worst violence, which took place around 4:30 p.m. and resulted in several officers being stripped of their protective gear, dragged, stomped on, and attacked with crutches and a flagpole.Politico
Dude went off the deep end.
Here's a scary thought: Scientists and mathematicians and all sorts of “smart people” LOVE #TFG.
American (well, the US) has a severe mental health issue.
DOJ charges six connected to pro-Trump rallies and right-wing revolutionary group in new Capitol riot conspiracy case
Six men from California who allegedly organized themselves as a “DC Brigade,” including one man who spoke at a right-wing rally in Washington, DC, the day before the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, face new conspiracy charges from the Justice Department, according to court documents made public on Thursday.
The case adds to a pile of prosecutions that investigators have pursued alleging that groups of American extremists from far-right organizations like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers worked together to plan the attack on Congress' certification of the presidential vote.
This is the first case against multiple people said to be affiliated with the Three Percenters.The alleged Three Percenter conspirators are: Alan Hostetter, of San Clemente, Russell Taylor, of Ladera Ranch, Erik Scott Warner of Menifee, Felipe Antonio “Tony” Martinez and Derek Kinnison, of Lake Elsinore, and Ronald Mele, of Temecula.CNN
“Librul” California isn't immune. In fact, if you look at a map of Cali, it's mostly redneck assholes with a few blue hotspots in the Bay Area and Los Angeles (where the vast majority of people live).
Trump Justice Dept. secretly subpoenaed records of two Democrats on House Intelligence Committee
The Justice Department in 2018 secretly subpoenaed Apple for the data of two Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, as well as the data of their current and former staffers and family members, in an aggressive push by the Trump administration to determine who was leaking classified information to the news media, according to a committee official and one of the affected lawmakers.
The department sought data on two lawmakers from California who were prominent critics of President Donald Trump — Rep. Adam B. Schiff, then the panel’s ranking Democrat and now its chairman, and Rep. Eric Swalwell — the committee official and Swalwell said Thursday night. The committee official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matter remains politically sensitive, said that Apple in May had notified at least 12 people connected to the panel of subpoenas for their data, and that one minor was among them.
Democrats swiftly condemned the moves, news of which followed three recent disclosures to national media organizations that the Trump Justice Department had secretly sought reporters’ phone and email records in an effort to identify the sources of leaks.WaPo
#TFG cheated all the way until the very end. And he's not stopping now.
Here's a theory: The GQP takes back the House and Senate in 2022. In 2024, because of all the sweeping laws put into place around election rules for many states, the Republican nominee (most likely #TFG) loses both the popular vote and electoral college, BUT states reverse their election results and make him the new President.
And guess what? Then the Congress approves it all.
It's not far-fetched. It's becoming reality.
Florida Publix shooting: Man kills woman, child, himself in Palm Beach
A man fatally shot a woman and a child inside a Florida supermarket Thursday before killing himself, authorities said, causing dozens to flee the store in panic.
The shooting happened shortly after 11:30 a.m. at a Publix located in a strip mall that also houses small shops and restaurants.
Detectives are reviewing security video and talking to witnesses, said Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Teri Barbera. She said investigators believe the shooter and the victims may have known each other. No names have been released.AL.com
BUT THE U.S. DOES NOT HAVE A GUN PROBLEM!
Oregon legislators expel Rep. Mike Nearman, who helped armed protesters enter Capitol
The Oregon House voted 59-1 Thursday to expel Rep. Mike Nearman, the first time it has ejected a sitting representative.
Lawmakers removed Nearman because he let far-right demonstrators, some of whom were armed, into the Capitol on Dec. 21 while lawmakers were holding a special session. The Capitol was closed to the public due to the pandemic and remains so.
That means his seat representing a rural district west of Salem will likely sit vacant for the remainder of the legislative session, which must wrap up by June 27.Oregon Live
Finally, some Republicans with a moral compass that doesn't point to a bottomless pit.
- “Starfield” is Microsoft’s blockbuster Xbox game for 2022
- Man dies after falling off boat and his friend is under arrest, Minnesota police say
- Krishnamoorthi: “Trump DOJ investigation into Dems looks like something from Russia, China”
- Israel's parliament approves new coalition govt. ending Netanyahu's 12-year tenure
- How Rep. Joaquin Castro emerged as a dogged voice for increasing diversity in U.S. media